In an article posted by the Mayo Clinic, staff there recommend that you stick to the following strategies to lose weight successfully:
- Make a commitment – Weight lose takes time; there are no overnight solutions!
- Find your inner motivation – Your weight loss success is riding on you, and only you. Find out what keeps you motivated and then find a way to keep it in mind.
- Set realistic goals - make sure your goals are attainable and maintainable. Setting goals too high is only going to set you up for disappointment.
- Enjoy healthier foods – Eating healthy is half the battle!
- Get active, stay active – Physical exercise is the other half of the equation. Make a plan and stick to it.
- Change your perspective – To achieve long term weight loss you must make lifestyle changes.
For further explanation of the list above, please visit the Mayo Clinic’s article Weight loss: 6 strategies for success article.
Disclaimer: The Escali Blog does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. more